Dried Chile Ancho 100grs
The poblano is a mild chili pepper originating in the state of Puebla, Mexico. Dried, it is called ancho or chile ancho, from the Spanish word ancho. Stuffed fresh and roasted it is popular in chiles rellenos poblanos.
Peppers, ancho, dried
Amount Per 1 pepper (17 g)100 grams100 grams
%Daily Value* Total Fat8.2 g 13% Saturated fat0.8 g 4% Polyunsaturated fat4.5 g Monounsaturated fat0.5 g Cholesterol0 mg 0% Sodium43 mg 2% Potassium2,411 mg 69% Total Carbohydrate51 g 17% Dietary fiber21.6 g 86% Protein11.9 g 24% Vitamin A 20% Calcium 6% Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-12 0% Vitamin C 3% Iron 61% Vitamin B-6 0% Magnesium 28%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Keep in refrigeration until use.
Preparation methods include: dried, stuffed, in mole sauces, or coated in whipped egg (capeado) and fried. It is particularly popular during the Mexican independence festivities as part of a dish called chiles en nogada, which incorporates green, white, and red ingredients corresponding to the colors of the Mexican flag. This may be considered one of Mexico's most symbolic dishes by its nationals. It is also usually used in the widely found dish chile relleno.
After being roasted and peeled (which improves the texture by removing the waxy skin), poblano peppers are preserved by either canning or freezing. Storing them in airtight containers keeps them for several months. When dried, the poblano becomes a broad, flat, heart-shaped pod called a chile ancho (literally "wide chile" or "broad chile"). These dried ancho chiles are often ground into a powder used as flavoring in various dishes.
"Poblano" is also the word for an inhabitant of Puebla, and mole poblano refers to the spicy chocolate chili sauce originating in Puebla.